ICICI Net Banking is one of the best internet banking services that allows you to transact funds with ease. If you are using it, you might have experienced the effortless financial services it offers. Nevertheless, we often find problems while using the service. The ICICI net banking password setting is one such area with which we should acquaint ourselves to avoid the inaccessibility of internet banking services.
The good news is that you can change your ICICI net banking password as and when you require it. The process is quite simple, and you may also find different ways to reset the password.
Frankly speaking, when you have a registered mobile number along with the ICICI ATM card, you can access your bank account with OTP authentication.
How cool is that? You won’t have to remember your internet banking password anymore. But, still, if you prefer maintaining user credentials as usernames and passwords, here’s what you need to know.
What’s your ICICI Net Banking User ID?
In order to use the internet banking service, you may need a user credential. These can be a username or user ID, along with the login password and transaction password.
Most banks allow you to access online banking with the help of a user credential and OTP authentication.
When it comes to ICICI net banking, the customer ID of your bank account is the internet banking user ID. You may find your customer ID on your passbook, chequebook, or on the welcome kit provided to you when you open your bank account.
A customer ID of ICICI bank account is a unique 9 digits number allotted to each customer. It contains all the personal details of the customer.
How to change your ICICI net banking password?
Changing the ICICI Net Banking password does not have to be difficult. In fact, the process of changing a password is self-explanatory.
All you need is to know the right path to follow. After you get to know it, you will definitely say, “its a piece of cake.”
Follow these steps to complete the ICICI password change task:
- Login to ICICI net banking with your user ID and password.
- Or you can login with your bank-registered mobile number and an ICICI ATM card.
- Once you login, browse the dashboard, click the personal details button, and proceed.
Also, complete these steps to create the new password.
- You will find the Change Password menu under the Personal Details option.
- Click on it and provide the Old Password and the New Password.
- Reconfirm the new password and update it with the OTP received on your phone.
Now, this is the process that you will have to follow in order to change the ICICI internet banking login password.
However, there are instances when you have forgotten your login password and do not have the user ID with you.
Or, your ICICI ATM card is expired, and you do not have an active card to complete the password change or reset process.
In such instances, you have to follow these processes:
How to reset ICICI net Banking password?
There are two scenarios when you want to reset the ICICI net banking password.
- When you have an ICICI ATM card and a registered mobile number,
- The other is when you do not have an ATM card or do not have a registered mobile number.
ICICI net banking password reset with ATM card
An ATM card is a useful tool. You can use your ATM card for a variety of purposes other than cash transactions.
One such useful task is using an ATM card as an authentication factor. You can activate or recover internet banking user credentials with it.
The task is very easy to perform. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your browser and access the ICICI online banking portal.
- Tab out the user ID box and click on the Get Password link just below.
- Provide your User ID (Customer ID), enter your registered mobile number, and get the OTP.
- On the next page, enter the OTP and Grid Card Authentication number and set your new password.
To know your ICICI bank registered mobile number, you can send message by writing IBAL to 5656766 or 9215676766. Whether you have it or not, you will get the response instantly.
ICICI net banking password reset without ATM card and registered mobile number
You cannot reset the password online if you do not have an ICICI ATM card with you. If you do not have your bank account registered with your mobile number, that is not possible either.
If you have an issue like this, you have to visit the bank and let them fix it for you. Having an ATM card is a must for the smooth functioning of your ICICI net banking.
Get your mobile number registered with your ICICI bank and let them reissue your login user password.
ICICI internet banking: OTP not received?
There can be issues related to OTP delivery. If you are not getting an OTP while initiating a transaction at ICICI Online Banking, you may have to find out the problem and fix it right away.
Here are some of the situations that can lead to the non-delivery of OTP:
Change of Mobile Number
Whenever there is a change of mobile number in your ICICI bank account, you have to make sure that the mobile number update process is completed successfully.
Bad Mobile Network Connectivity
This one is the main culprit for all OTP issues with online transactions. In any case, you have to switch on and off your phone and try again.
This might solve the issue.
ICICI net banking Technical Issue
The problem with the ICICI net banking portal is usually temporary.
You may have to try it out after some time. In this case, nothing is wrong with your bank account. Its purely technical.
In such a case, you may find difficulty accessing other transactions too. Either system will exhibit slight sluggishness, or you may not be able to browse smoothly.
Best Practices to maintain your ICICI user credentials.
Maintaining a bank account and following the best practices is a critical task. It will not only secure your bank account from online fraud but also streamline your personal finances.
Here are some of the best practices banks usually advise sticking to:
- Avoid using public WiFi to access your ICICI online banking.
- Access your ICICI net banking at regular intervals and keep changing your login password every few months.
- Never share your ICICI net banking user credentials.
- Visit your bank sometime and perform transactions over the counter. Do not totally rely on online banking. Manual transactions are important for the smooth functioning of your bank account.
- Update your KYC details at regular intervals. If you are a salaried person, your KYC documents need to be furnished every 8 years, provided you have not changed any identification details or residential address.
- If you fall under the medium- and high-risk customer category, you may have to resubmit your KYC in 1 to 2 years. Make sure of these to avoid sudden disruptions of bank account functions.
- Always keep in contact with your service provider; it will help you in the quick resolution of any unforeseen circumstances that can lead to financial loss.
ICICI Net Banking is a convenient internet banking service that allows users to easily transact funds. However, users often encounter issues with password settings, which can be resolved by changing the password as needed. To do this, users can log in with their user ID and password or use their bank-registered mobile number and an ICICI ATM card. The Change Password menu is located under the Personal Details option, and users can provide old and new passwords. The new password should be confirmed and updated with the OTP received on their phone.
However, users may forget their login password or have an expired ATM card, which can be resolved by following the steps provided in the provided instructions. In such cases, users should follow the steps provided in the provided instructions to reset their password.