The ATM card that you have may have problems sometime. You may have lost it, or you may have compromised your ATM card PIN. At that moment, what precautions should you take?
In this post, we are going to discuss some of the important steps that you need to take right away when you are in such a position.
“Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”– Warren Buffett.
Blocking and Unblocking features of ICICI ATM card
Knowing what to do when you are in a bad position is extremely important. Especially if the problem is related to money.
When you have a doubt about your ICICI ATM card credential and when you know that something is going on with the card, this post may give you the exact action you need to take.
There may be several reasons why you want to block your card. Sometimes, its just that you want to. There’s nothing behind it.
Other times, it may be due to security reasons, such as compromised card, doubtful ATM transaction, etc.
Flow Chart to Block ATM Card with ICICI Net Banking
Login to Internet Banking > Services > Cards and Loans> ATM/Debit Card > Block ATM Card.
Flow Chart to Block ATM Card with ICICI iMobile App
Open and Login to iMobile App. > Services > Debit Card > Block ATM Card
These are some of the reasons why you want to block the ICICI ATM card. And its advisable that you know how to unblock your ATM card too.
Why Should You Block Your ATM Card?
There are several reasons why you should take prompt action to block your card, especially when there is a threat of financial loss.
- Timely blocking of your card will avoid further financial loss.
- If you file a complaint with the concerned authority, that is, the concerned bank, you may get back the money involved in the ATM fraud.
- You can apply for a fresh ATM card only after blocking the previous ATM card.
Methods to Block ICICI ATM Card
The good news is that there are several ways you can initiate the blocking of your ICICI ATM card. Here, your main objective should be to block your card immediately.
Let’s find out which method is best for ICICI ATM card users who have compromised the ATM card credentials and PIN.
You always get two options, either to block your ICICI ATM card temporary or is it for permanent. Temporary blocking of card allows you to reactivate the card whereas permanent blocked card need to apply for a fresh one.
Block ICICI ATM Card Online with Internet Banking
As you know, internet banking is a means to access and operate your bank account from the comfort of your home or anywhere. As such, you can perform the ATM card services online.
With ICICI internet banking, you may mediate your card usage by limiting the transaction limits, such as the ATM cash transaction limit, POS limit, and so on.
The best part is that you can temporarily or permanently block your ICICI ATM card. If blocked temporarily, you can unblock the card and use it once again.
Here’s how you can block your ATM card with ICICI Net Banking:
- Login to ICICI online banking with your user ID and password or with your registered mobile number and ATM card PIN.
- Under the main menu, you may find the “Service Request” menu. Click on it and proceed.
- Select the option “Block ATM/debit Card” from the quick link list.
- Now select the ATM card you want to block and confirm the transaction.
- Your ICICI ATM card will be blocked immediately, and you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Blocking ATM Card on ICICI iMobile App
If you use the iMoble app for ICICI bank account operations, blocking ATM cards is one of the features of ICICI mobile banking.
Here’s how you can block your ICICI ATM card through the iMobile application:
- Open the ICICI iMobile app and login with the MPIN.
- Under the “Services” menu, you will find the “Card Services” option too. Click on it and proceed.
- Now, select the “Block ATM/Debit Card” option.
- Choose the ATM card that you need to block and confirm the request.
- Your ICICI ATM card will be blocked immediately, and the confirmation message will be delivered to you.
Customer Support for Blocking ICICI ATM Card
Not using the online service is common. If you don’t use it, you can still block your ICICI ATM card from home when you need to block it.
However, if it doesn’t work out, you will ultimately have to visit the bank to complete the task.
Follow the steps for telecalling and blocking your card.
- Contact the ICICI Customer Care Service at 1800-1800 or 1860-120-7777 from your registered mobile number.
- You may have to provide certain verification details when requesting the service. These may be your ATM card details, your DOB, or your last transaction details.
- Once it is verified, your ATM card blocking request will be processed in no time.
- For blocking prepaid cards such as BizPay card, Umang card, Student prepaid card, etc., call ICICI customer helpline number 1800-2662 or access the web portal of ICICI prepaid card services.
ICICI ATM Card Blocking at the Bank
Whenever there is a problem with ATM card services, you can visit any nearby ICICI Bank to address your issue.
The inability to block your ICICI ATM card can also be done at the bank by visiting any nearby ICICI branch.
All you have to do is:
- Visit any nearby branch of the ICICI bank.
- Get the ATM card blocking request form or write an application mentioning your bank account number.
- Submit the form to the concerned staff. Get it verified with your ID card or passbook.
- The bank staff will initiate blocking your ICICI ATM card right away.
- Once its done, you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
ICICI ATM Card Fraud Reporting
Being a card user, you are exposed to certain financial risks. ATM card fraud needs to be understood properly.
Whenever there is a doubt about your ATM card credentials and the possibility of compromising your card is high, you must block your ATM card right away.
And when you suspect your personal information related to your bank account is compromised, you must block not only ATM cards but also UPI services, internet banking, or any other services that could jeopardize your money.
Reporting unauthorised transactions to the concerned department is a must. By doing so, you will put yourself in a better position to resolve the matter and get back the money involved in the fraudulent transaction swiftly.
So, in order to report quickly, you can call 1930, which is a dedicated helpline number at cybercrime.gov.in, or you can call ICICI Bank’s support team at 1800-2662.
Getting any suspicious links or emails, report such occurrance at email@example.com
When you have an issue with your ICICI ATM card, it is crucial to take immediate action to protect your money. Instant blocking of your card is of prime importance.
You can use services such as ICICI Net Banking, iMobile App, or Tele-calling service to block the card with ease.
Using internet banking allows you to access and operate your bank account from anywhere, allowing you to perform ATM card services online.
To block your ATM card with ICICI Net Banking, log in with your user ID and password or your registered mobile number and ATM card PIN. Go to the “Service Request” menu, and block your ICICI debit card.
You can also block your ATM card with the ICICI iMobile application. With MPIN access to it and under the “Card Service” menu, you can block your card immediately.
Or, you may even call ICICI customer helpline numbers 1800-1800, 1860-120-7777, or 1800-2662 to block your card.
Blocking ATM cards is crucial to protect personal information and prevent financial risks associated with compromised ATM cards. It is easy if you know what and where to perform the card-blocking task.