Have you got the SBI ATM card that you applied for recently? When you get it, the card needs to be activated.
It has been seen multiple times that when we try to generate a PIN for the new card, the system sometimes prompts, Please activate your card.
Do you know that SBI sends these cards in inactive status just to avoid lending to the wrong hands?
The ATM card needs to be activated which will be done by the bank only.
So, if such is your case, please go visit the nearest SBI branch and get it activated. Then proceed with PIN generation.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN at ATM?
- Swipe the ATM debit card at any SBI ATM.
- Select the PIN generation menu from the options.
- Enter your 11-digit SBI account number and proceed further by clicking the submit button.
- The system will prompt you to enter your Registered Mobile Number (RMN). Provide it and confirm.
- The system will check whether the account number and RMN provided by you match the data available in the SBI database. If it matches, the system will prompt the following message: Your green PIN will be delivered shortly to your registered mobile number.
- Within seconds, you will get the message on your mobile number. The OTP will be a 4-digit number written in the alphabet, for example, Two Three Six Four.
- Since this OTP (one-time password) will be valid for only 48 hours, you need to activate your SBI ATM card within the time period.
- Again, swipe your ATM card at any SBI ATM machine.
- Go to banking, use OTP as your login PIN and select the PIN change option.
- Provide the new PIN as you wish. It can be any 4-digit random number.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN with SBI Net Banking?
When you have SBI Internet Banking, what’s the need of visiting the bank? You can easily reset your ATM PIN in the following manner. Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to SBI Online Banking. The official website is onlinesbi.com
- Find the e-Service menu on the main page. You may use the top bar.
- Select ATM Card Services from the drop-down menu.
- You may find the ATM PIN Generation option. Click on it.
- Choose the option to go forward. You will get these options: Using a One-Time Password or Using a Profile Password. It means OTP or Profile Password will be used to authenticate the transaction.
- If you don’t remember the Profile Password, choose the OTP option and proceed accordingly. You can also reset the profile password and resume with it.
- Choose the bank account which is linked with the ATM card.
- Select the card and submit it for PIN reset.
- Provide the 2 PIN digit which has to be of your choice and confirm.
- The other half of the PIN will be delivered to your registered mobile number. Submit these numbers to the PIN generation page and click the submit button.
That’s it! You have successfully generated your SBI ATM PIN. Just for confirmation that whether it works or not, visit any nearby ATM and do an enquiry of any sort. If it gives you any results, your ATM card is up and running.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN with SMS?
SBI ATM PIN generation with SMS is one of the convenient ways to reset the PIN. It enables you to do the task on the go. Needless to access the internet service.
You would save time as it would take hardly 5 minutes. While indulging in other tasks at hand, you can reset the ATM PIN with just an SMS. Here’s how you do it.
- Type the message in the following manner- PINXXXX where XXXX is the last 4 digits of your ATM card and send it to 567676.
- On your registered mobile number, you will get the system generated 4 digits PIN valid for 48 hours.
- Visit a nearby SBI ATM to change the ATM PIN to the PIN of your choice.
In order to change the ATM PIN, you must visit SBI ATM only. You cannot use the service on other banks ATM.
Calling Customer Care Helpline to generate SBI ATM PIN
State Bank of India has a robust customer care service. You can call them up and share your issue to get it resolved.
ATM PIN generation is one of the basic services that the bank delivers through its customer support team over the phone.
For Tele-calling services, you may call them up and ask for required services.
- Call the customer care helpline which is written on the back side of the ATM card. Or simply dial 1800-1234.
- Select the preferred language at your convenience.
- Now follow the instruction carefully and go for ATM and Prepaid Card Services.
- Now, you have to press 1 for ATM PIN generation.
- Enter the debit card number and wait for the confirmation. The system will read your card number.
- Next, provide the bank account number linked to your card and confirm.
- Once it’s done, you should get a default 4 digits PIN which has to change within 48 hours.
- Go to SBI ATM and change it to your permanent ATM PIN.
Getting SBI Branch Support To Reset ATM PIN
When you are unable to reset your ATM PIN with any of the above-mentioned ways, you may have to visit the nearby SBI branch and complete the task.
- Visit the nearby SBI branch.
- Request for a green PIN.
- You will have to fill up the application form available over the counter. Provide your registered mobile number along with the CIF number/Account number.
- You should get the default green PIN on your mobile number.
- Once you get it, change it to a new PIN within 48 hours.
Note that the staff incharge may ask you your identification detail. Make sure you have a valid ID card with you while doing so.
In case, if you have forgotten your SBI ATM PIN, there are a number of ways you can reset it. You can directly go to the SBI ATM and reset it right away. Or you may rely on SBI Online Banking to do the task.
When you are not accessible to either any nearby SBI ATM or Internet Banking, you can reset the ATM PIN with just an SMS from your registered mobile number.
Tellecalling service is another way of doing an SBI ATM PIN reset, where you have to call up the specific customer care helpline and seek advice for the process. The last resort is to visit the bank.
So, an ATM PIN reset is easy. If you know one of the easiest ways which is discussed above, it would certainly make you less worried when in a dire situation.
What charges does the bank levy on SBI ATM card?
There is only an annual maintenance charge. For using a card and activation it’s free of course.
There will be transaction charges from time to time but it usually depends on how you use your card. Transactions are done on the online platform and other retail outlets are free of transaction charges but if you do a transaction visiting your bank there may be nominal charges.
SBI savings Bank account does have a limited number of transactions in a month. If it goes beyond that charges may apply. It does not include online transactions and transactions induced by ATM cards online and other retail outlets.
It is advisable to change the ATM PIN on a regular basis. ATM card related frauds are usually due to unhealthy ways of ATM card maintenance. To protect yourself from frauds and scams, medeate your card uses in such a manner that impacts the least when something bad happen. By the way, you can set transaction limit on your SBI ATM card. Also, learn how to on and off of certain online transaction of your card.
Why does your ATM PIN generation fail?
There could be many reasons for that. To find out why it is happening, you need to fix certain issues with your account.
Your problem could be any one of these
- ATM card of an inoperative account can not be activated. You need to submit KYC and activate your savings Bank or current account and go for PIN generation.
- The wrong mobile number could create the same problem. You need to provide your registered mobile number (RMN) only.
- The card needs to be activated before you proceed with PIN generation. This can be done by your bank only.
- Others are OTP delivery issues which you need to keep on trying. If you receive other bank alerts to your RMN you should be able to do it sooner.