Do you know, you can register your email ID online to your SBI account? Maybe because of that you have landed on this page. You are in the right place, we have got you covered.
Having bank account with registered email address may have a number of advantages while operating a bank account. There are numerous benefits that can be summed up as below-
- For getting online statements of account. Whenever you request a statement of account or if a mandate is given to deliver your statement monthly or quarterly, your bank will mail it to you in PDF format.
- Any updates from your bank will be intimated to you via your email.
- Bank usually ask for to send any form of documents from the registered email so that they can accept the papers without any issues. Mails from unregistered email addresses may not be served.
You can register your email ID to the bank online as well as by visiting the bank.
Registering online is super easy and it does not take much time. The process might take hardly a few minutes to complete. All you need is an Internet connection and other data such as RMN -registered mobile number.
Process for email ID registration
4 things that need to be with you
- You should have an active ATM card.
- Registered mobile number.
- Internet connectivity
- A laptop or a smartphone will do the trick.
Go to SBI official website and follow these steps
- Go to onlinesbi.com, scroll down and select Register/update your email ID.
- Enter your account number along with the captcha.
- Authenticate with the OTP you received.
- Select your active card.
- Enter the card details.
- Do validation through the card.
- Enter the email ID you would want to register.
- Click the Update button.
That’s the end of it. A pop-up will flash telling you for successful registration of your email ID. It’s very easy and less time-consuming. If anyone would like to register an email ID to an SBI account, follow the steps and do it seamlessly.
How to Register Email ID on Internet Banking
You can also register your email ID on SBI online banking service. Access to your SBI internet banking on https://onlinesbi.com. Login with your user credentials. As soon as you login, system will flash to register your email ID.
Provide the necessary details, approve it and your bank account will have the registered email ID in which all the alerts will be delivered to you in the future.
Email ID registration at the SBI Branch.
When you are unable to register your email ID with both the above mentioned process, you always have the last option which is manual registration at the SBI branch.
For this, either you need to fill up the standard format available over the counter or you may just write an application stating your requirement. When doing so, bank may ask for identification of the account owner.
Usually, with your ID card such as Aadhaar card, voter card, driver’s licence or passport may serve the purpose. Submit your application to the concerned staff and there, your email ID will be registered to your bank account in no time.
Linking your email ID to your bank account is important. You may not always be able to visit the bank. There will be times when the task you are going to do is trivial but visiting bank might seems illogical. That’s when having registered email ID comes in handy.
Email ID registration in SBI does not have to be time consuming. In fact, it’s quite simple to do so and there are many ways you can actually do it. If you have an active ATM card, you can do it on bank’s official website. You can also register your email ID on SBI online banking service.
Even if you are unable to register it online, you always have the offline option. In offline mode, you have to visit the bank and submit the application along with your ID proof. The rest will handle by the concerned staff.
Link your email to your SBI bank account and stay connected with the bank with alerts and notices from time to time.