If you a consumer of State Bank of India, you definitely must have come across many issues related to your SBI ATM card. At times, without any reason the card does not work. Mostly it happen the card is unable to read by the card reader. It may also be because of other technical issues or ATM network connectivity failure. In such cases, your ATM card should work with few more trial.
On the other hand, there are a number of issues and problems which need to address properly in order to get it fixed. Getting ATM card expired is one such issue where you need to address properly.
So, here is the thing! If your SBI ATM card is getting expired next month or in the near coming days, can it be extended the expiry date? The answer is no. You can not get the opportunity for extension but to apply a new one.
Actually, there are ways and means to get a new SBI ATM card. You can apply ATM card by visiting the home branch where you maintained your savings bank or current account. Or another way of doing it is through bank’s internet banking. Either way it is just a simple process.
Regardless of the day its going to expired, you would be needing to get it without fail as the existing card is going to be worthless in the coming days.
So, we will be seeing how to handle the matter to get the New SBI ATM card delivered to your doorstep. What are the things that need to verify once again before you get the new card.
About SBI ATM card
State Bank of India has a number of ATM card variants which are specific as per end user requirements. We have seen SBI Global Card, SBI Classic Card, SBI Gold Card, SBI Platinum Card, SBI Intouch Tap and Go Card any many other specified for corporates and government organization.
Normally, these cards come with a validity of 4 to 5 years. There were few other cards which had the validity of more than 5 years but bank now does not issue anymore.
Things to watch out!
There are few things you need to check when your ATM card is going to expire. Bank usually contact you over SMS or email about the date of card expiry. The fresh ATM card issued to your account will be dispatched to the registered address. In few days a brand new ATM debit card will be at your doorstep.
But, before all these happen, if you could verify and update few things in your account, you might be able to avoid non delivery of the parcel. We have noted few points below which would help you understand properly.
Here is what you need to see.
- Make sure that you have submitted your KYC and updated in the system. The reason why its so important is that, if SBI automatically issue fresh ATM card, it would fetch the details which is present in your account. If you have reallocate your address it needs to be updated else the card will go to the previous address which you do not want to happen.
- Make sure that your address is precise and reachable. The address which you provide should be proper with Post Office along with PIN number, Police Station and District. Do not forget to provide your house number or flat number etc. which would be easy for the postman to find you. Why it is so important is because bank will charge you if the ATM card is returned undelivered. You see the point here.
- See if your name is okay in the passbook, as it would be emboss in your new ATM card, you would want to get it error free.
- And last but not the least, see if your contact number is okay or not. If you think that your number is not reachable better update a new one as bank might contact you.
Ask your Bank?
When you are sure that your ATM card is going to expire soon, its better if you act on time beforehand. Do not wait for the last minute run. Moreover, its easy to know when its going to expire. You may find on the backside of the card, just below the card number and above your name tag.
So, here is what you should ask your bank.
- A new card has been issued against your account or not?
- If its issued, ask its whereabout? Besides, you may ask for Speed Post Tracking number.
- If not issued, ask for ATM card application form?
- Ask your bank about the KYC status of the account? Actually you should not be the one to ask, your branch should check while sending fresh ATM request. If you ask, thing is happening your way which is a good sign.
- If everything is proper in your account. Just go ahead and apply for fresh one.
Getting one’s ATM card expired or loss, is a very common thing. It happens to most of us. One need to know what to do if the card is getting expired or loss. A simple application form would do the trick or even without doing anything your new card will be at your doorstep if its the case of card expiry.
Whereas if ATM card is loss, the process is different. You have to apply manually by branch visit or online though bank’s internet banking. But it is advisable that you get your ATM card blocked through tele calling customer helpline, online net banking or by your bank directly.
Expired ATM card? make sure you get the brand new on time. Because your ATM card will just be a piece of worthless plastic. It can not be extended but you will get a new one before the existing card expires. If you do not get, better get in touch with the bank.